Coronavirus Information and Precautions
This situation is evolving rapidly as new information becomes available. We will update this page as quickly as possible if our policies and procedures change due to updates from CDC, CMS, CDPH, and local health departments.
August 6, 2020
We are currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully begin the process of getting to a post-COVID-19 “normal.”
This process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread, and trends, multi-level retirement communities like ours (with Independent Living, Licensed Personal Care and Memory Care), will have a different reopening schedule because we care for older adults who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
Throughout this process, we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with all CDC guidelines as well as mandates for all State and Local departments, including the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) while balancing resident social engagement with quality of life. The health, well-being of our residents, and staff remain our top priority.
- Meals – We are still delivering all meals to the resident apartments.
- Activities among the residents are being held, we just ask that residents wear a mask and maintain social distancing. The Activity schedule is provided weekly and distributed among the residents and featured on the Activity Wall in the Community.
- At the Heights – we are encouraging one on one visits outside with family members. Everyone must wear masks, and maintain social distancing but families are welcome. We have seating areas both in the front of the building and on the Back Patio perfect for outdoor visits.
- At the Gardens – we encourage one on one visits with family members outside – only by appointment. Please call 525-6900 to arrange.
- Facetime visits – are always possible – please call 859-525-6900 if you would like a facetime visit with your loved one.
- Tours – Virtual tours are available for any level of care. Please call 525-6900 and ask for Marketing to arrange a virtual tour.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our residents and community healthy and safe.
Links to CDC resource pages:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Prevention & Treatment
Link to state health department page: